DO YOU HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM?
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work, college or school to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem and may wish to seek help and advice through the channels outlined below.
There are many organizations that can provide support and assistance to people who develop a problem with gambling, and we recommend that players contact a self-help organization for additional help.
The following websites offer advice and guidance. Each one contains help line numbers and an e-mail address that you may contact if you would like confidential advice and support.
MANAGING YOUR PLAYING
For players who enjoy gambling frequently, it is not uncommon to spend over their budget some of the time. We advise that specific budget plans be made to ensure your gambling expenditure is affordable.
Sometimes people deny the extent of their own problems and seek help only in crisis. Ask yourself honestly, and if you think you might have a problem set yourself the goal of stopping gambling for two weeks or a month as a test. If you are unable to achieve this, you could have a problem and might benefit from discussing your situation with a counselor.
If you feel your gambling is getting out of control and you would like some play limitations, please contact our friendly Customer Support team who can advise you on available options.
SELF EXCLUSION OR OPT OUT
If you believe you have a gambling problem or just wish to take an enforced break from gaming, Zipang Casino allows all customers the opportunity to self-exclude themselves from our gaming offerings. If you choose to exclude yourself permanently, you will be barred from playing games at Zipang Casino and we will do all it can to prevent new accounts being opened. Please contact our customer support for immediate assistance.
If you would like to prevent access to other gaming, wagering or gambling facilities on the Internet please visit www.gamblock.com. Gamblock™ blocks access to Internet gambling sites on the World Wide Web. It can help problem gamblers avoid the dangers of unrestricted gambling.
PREVENTING UNDERAGE GAMBLING
You must be at least 18 years old to play at Zipang Casino. We undertake checks to ensure that no person under legal age has access to our live gaming facilities. Provision of inaccurate or dishonest information about a player's age will result in forfeiture of any winnings and may result in civil and/or criminal prosecution.
In order to protect minors from accessing the site we recommend that responsible players install Internet filtering software on their computers. This provides the ability to control content displayed, block websites and set up passwords to prevent Zipang Casino being available to underage players. There are a number of Internet filtering software choices available. The following are links to recognized solution providers as recommended by Internet Filter Review: